"What lay behind our joint love of shadows and marvels was, no doubt, the ancient, mouldering, and subtly fearsome town in which we live — witch-cursed, legend-haunted Arkham, whose huddled, sagging gambrel roofs and crumbling Georgian balustrades brood out the centuries beside the darkly muttering Miskatonic." —The Thing on the Doorstep
Locations of note
- The Witching House. -A house with an evil past, a house where the full nature of sins committed within are yet to be revealed.
- Richmond. -A small village to the on the north side of Arkham. While now officially part of Arkham the place still has a strong sense of identity separate from Arkham. Often call Haven for reason no living person can no remember.
- Arkham Sanatorium - A place for Alienists to start work and after while a place for Alienists to live.
- The Last Stand - The Speak Easy of choice for Arkhams Finest.
- The Arkham Grand - The Largest and finest of Arkham hotels
- The Royal Hotel - An Arkham of hotel of good reputation
- Meadow Hill - A hilly meadow will an evil reputation.
Persons of Note
- Doctor Javier Mowrer - Senior Alienist at Arkham Sanatorium
- Doctor Lance Aultman - Chief Alienist and the Head of Arkham Sanatorium
- Walter Gilman an ex resident of the Witching House and promising young mathematician. Found dead after a rat like creature "ate his heart".
- Lieutenant Detective Shimizu - a retired and bitter Detective who worked on Ladislas Wolejko and the Meadow Hill raids.