Welcome to ORC! You may need to be registered and logged in to view some areas. If you're player looking for a group, please use the Inevitable Introduction Thread (http://orcedinburgh.co.uk/forum/introductions/13944-the-inevitable-introduction-thread) if you're new to the site and just want to say hello. That way you're posting in an established thread, and it helps to cross posting. If you're a GM looking for players - either for an existing group, or looking to form one, please post in http://orcedinburgh.co.uk/forum/looking-to-run-a-game. This area of the forum is for ORC members to gauge interest in games whether they be one-shots or campaigns, as GMs. So, if you've got a game you want to run, post it here. Please don't post anything like mobile or email addresses, dropbox links, etc. as this area is searchable by the 'net and general public!
As GMs and players, you can promote ORC by word-of-mouth to other societies or to existing GMs/players. If you're a GM looking for players, check here first - contact prospective players rather than waiting on them. You can also contact prospective players through the LookingforGame distribution list in the PM system. Send a PM to the LookingforGame list (ORC Messaging -> Compose -> Contacts drop-down list). Give it a few weeks and make sure you start a relevant forum thread and mention it in the PM!
Can people PLEASE let Bill know if there are any games planned for ORC that AREN'T listed on the site. If we have games scheduled without them being 'published' on the site then it can make things harder for us to know where the gaps are and indeed if we have games planned. GMs, remember that if you are intending to run a game, please make sure that you put it up on the calendars, especially if you're looking for players. ORC Edinburgh also has a Facebook page (www.facebook.com/orcedinburgh).
It also functions as a "booking slot" to a certain extent as well - remember that we have finite space at some venues.
Most games at ORC are fortnightly, so consider following a similar format if you are new to ORC or running a game. As a GM, you may want to consider 4 players the minimum for running a game initially too. It's best to run a couple of sessions first to see how your group may play together, rather than launching into a massive campaign with an unknown group.
We also have a wiki area (http://www.orcedinburgh.co.uk/wiki), based on Wikipedia's MediaWiki software, with a lot of functionality built-in for GMs and players to use for settings, houserules, NPCs, and the like. Send Bill a PM if you'd like to use it for games.
If you know of any games that are planned for this weekend or any other weekend either PM Bill or submit the event yourself and he'll do the tidying up.
Some basic guidance to using the site:
- The Introductions area of the Forum will be purged of messages over a year old.
- The Games/Players Wanted area of the Forum will be purged of messages over a year old - this means that there won't be quite so much clutter and keeps things relatively current!
- The Trades/Sales/Wants area of the Forum will be purged of messages over a year old.
- Some posts may be moved to the relevant area if they are out of date or relevant.
Note that you can:
- Subscribe to a thread so that you'll get an email every time someone posts in that thread (or unsubscribe if necessary).
- Add a Thread as Favorite, so that it is "bookmarked" for you in the ORC forum.
- Export a Forum thread to a no-frills PDF file by using the Forum Tools.
- Change your profile avatar and password at https://orcedinburgh.co.uk/kunena/profile. Choose Edit. You can reset your password in the User Account tab.