Difference between revisions of "Main Page"
|Line 148:||Line 148:|
*[[ORC Edinburgh's History]]
*[[ORC Edinburgh's History]]
|Line 166:||Line 167:|
*[[Reporting a problem]]
*[[Reporting a problem]]
Latest revision as of 07:46, 25 June 2019
This is the ORC wiki for ORC members, whether they are players or GMs. It is designed to be of use to all members of ORC and elsewhere. While the wiki itself can be Googled and viewed by the rest of the web, only registered ORC Members can edit the pages (and only administrators, like Bill, can modify this page or other "protected" pages). If you're not an ORC member already, visit the ORC website and register.
"New to ORC?" details what you can do to participate as a player or GM. Many of our members have never tried RPGs before they came to ORC Edinburgh!
If you're a visitor to Edinburgh for the first time you may want to check Bill's Edinburgh Gaming page
- GMs can share their setting information such as background notes, maps, common knowledge, fiction, etc.
- Players can also use it to store their favourite characters, fictional exploits (no IC chat though, please), backgrounds etc.
- The site can also be used for other RPG or game-related projects.
- There's also links to a series of articles that ORC members have written for new GMs, or those preparing for a game.
If you'd like a section for your own campaign, see How to request a namespace on the Wiki. Before using the wiki please make sure you read How to use the ORC Wiki. Consult the MediaWiki User's Guide for information on how to use the wiki software (this will redirect your browser to a site outside ORC though). If you'd like to run a game at ORC, there's some guidelines here: Running a game at ORC
- 1 RPG Campaigns
- 1.1 Black Crusade
- 1.2 Call of Cthulhu
- 1.3 Cthulhutech
- 1.4 D&D
- 1.5 Dark Heresy
- 1.6 DC Heroes
- 1.7 Deathwatch
- 1.8 Dungeon Crawl Classics (DCC)
- 1.9 GURPS
- 1.10 Legend of the Five Rings
- 1.11 Marvel Super Heroes RPG
- 1.12 Only War
- 1.13 Other Games
- 1.14 Pathfinder
- 1.15 Pendragon
- 1.16 Rogue Trader
- 1.17 Savage Worlds
- 1.18 Scion
- 1.19 Serenity
- 1.20 Star Trek Adventures
- 1.21 Traveller
- 1.22 Vampire
- 1.23 Warhammer Fantasy RolePlay (WFRP)
- 2 The ORC Website
- 3 Articles
- 4 The ORC Wiki
Campaigns that are run by ORC members (on Saturday afternoons or otherwise).
The WH40k RPG where PCs are some of the forces of Chaos.
- Pillars of Society - Adams game
Call of Cthulhu
- eBranch - Bill's occasional Call of Cthulhu game based on Brian Lumley's Necroscope series.
- The End of 1920's and Beyond - John's (Tolsarose v2) Call of Cthulhu game.
- A Scream Cast in Silver - killitwithdice's non-mythos game
- Auld Reekie - Fraser's (fraser30) CoC game set in the Edinburgh University Cryptozoology Dept.
- Zero_Point - Bill's Achtung! Cthulhu game.
Games set in Wildfire's Cthulhutech universe.
- Through the Looking Glass - Bill's game set in Edinburgh in 2085 when the stars are right!
Games using the popular Dungeons and Dragons game system.
- Against the Odds. Bills campaign setting for D&D set in the Ashes of Freedom world.
- Ashes_of_Freedom. Bill's home-brew game set in Volkrania.
- Ashes of Freedom: Rebirth. Bills's redoing of classic AD&D adventures.
- Escape from UnderMountain Alex's (Jabbuk) 5th Ed. Forgotten Realms game
- Fledgling Empires. Adam's D&D game based on and old campaign.
- Ind&deed. Charkomangus' D&D 5e campaign.
- Melestrua's Mystara. Melestrua's 5th Edition D&D game.
- Mists of Moray. Filip Eski's 5e game set in the Forgotten Realms.
- RDG's Original Dungeons & Dragons Game
- The New World setting created by Bill and others (the ORC Shared Campaign), and can be used by anyone. The New World is a high fantasy Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 setting, reminiscent of the time of the Conquistadors discovering the Americas. It's a jungle world of lost ruins, dinosaurs, strange civilisations (LizardFolk), and lurking evil. Originally designed to be part of a shared campaign, the New World setting was the work of various GMs: Benn Beaton, Bill Heron, Fraser Ramsay, Robert Stewart, Nick Layden, Alasdair Macleod, David Wright, and Chris Furness.
- Scales of War. Ernest's (Radonir's) 4e campaign.
- Shapes Of Grey. Nuno's D&D 3.G campaign setting.
- Tyranny of Dragons. Bill's D&D 5e campaign set in Forgotten Realms setting.
- Viewcraigians. Charkomangus' 2nd D&D 5e campaign.
- War of the Burning Sky. Jill's D&D game.
- World of Enea. RDG's play-by-post D&D game set in his homebrew world.
Games set in the Dark Heresy setting of the Warhammer 40000 (wh40k) universe.
- Highest Noon, Lowest Dawn - Craig's (Embracraig) campaign.
- Shadow on the Warp - Bill's game set on a world under attack by a Tyranid Hive fleet.
- The Triplet Cities - Gabriel's (Loki) Wednesday night game, focusing on a more gritty sci-fi theme.
- DC Heroes - Adam's DC Heroes game set in an alternate future during an alien invasion.
The Warhammer 40,000 (wh40k) RPG revolving around the Adeptus Astartes (Space Marines) in the grim war-torn 41st Millennium.
- The Doom of Jericho - The campaign run by Ross (Xarlaxas).
- The Emperor Protects - Grant's DW campaign.
Dungeon Crawl Classics (DCC)
The Generic Universal RolePlaying System
- Vice_and_Virtue - Peter's (Peter the Sane's) Victoriana game.
Legend of the Five Rings
Also known as LOT5R, it is set in Rokugan. "Rokugan is based roughly on feudal Japan with influences from other East Asian cultures such as China, Mongolia and Korea. This setting is the basis for the Legend of the Five Rings Collectible Card Game as well as the Legend of the Five Rings Role-Playing Game. Legend of the Five Rings was also the "featured campaign setting" of the Oriental Adventures expansion to the third edition of Dungeons & Dragons, though this book is now out of print."
- Blood and Enlightment - Dean's (Wild_Cat's) game.
Marvel Super Heroes RPG
RPGs set in the Marvel comic book universe
- Vegas, baby! - Bill's Marvel Superheroes game in the Nightmares of Futures Past setting using the FASERIP (MSH) system.
The new wh40k RPG of brotherhood and honour within the Imperial Guard of the wh40k Universe.
- Task Force Adamantium Adam's game
- Fires of Perdition - Bill's Dark Heresy/Only War mashup game of Adeptus Arbites in the Hive city of Perdition.
- Operation Brass Harvest - Rod's forthcoming Only War game..
Games created by ORC members that use their own rule system.
- Adam's Games - Adam's other games that use his own rule system.
- Pantheon - Playtest information for Ross Pearson's (Rossatdi) game.
- After London - Ross (Rossatdi) Pearson's post-apocalyptic game using his own system.
- Nihon - Vince (VinceF1) Fitzpatrick's ruleset.
Games using Paizo's Pathfinder system based on the OGL.
- City of Nodea - Evgeni's Pathfinder game.
- The Lost Province - Gavin's Pathfinder hexcrawl in a homebrew setting.
- The Ninth Kingdom - Markish's homebrew setting.
- Sands of Time - Bill's PF game set in Hykaria for beginning Pathfinder players.
- Shadows of Thassilon - Gavin's Rise of the Runelords: Anniversary Edition game.
An Arthurian role-playing game where you play Knights completing quests and meeting people like Merlin, Uther, and eventually Arthur and the knights of the Round Table.
- The Great Pendragon Campaign - Ross' (Xarlaxas) game.
- Conflicts of Interest - Stephen's (El Kapitan) Rogue Trader game running on Thursday nights.
- Shadow of the Abyss - Adam's game of Rogue Trader set in the war-torn Warhammer 40,000 setting.
- The Laughing Emperor Ross' (Xarlaxas) new Rogue Trader game: a "tapestry of history and intrigue".
- Champions of Tomorrow - Markish's pulp game.
- The Four Colours of Azoth - Peter's game set in the world of Robert E Howard's Solomon Kane.
The Scion RPG from White Wolf.
- Out in the Black - Euan's Serenity mini-campaign running on Tuesday nights.
Star Trek Adventures
The best-selling 2d20 version of Star Trek (and one Bill did some work on)
- USS Resolute - Resources for Grant's Star Trek Adventures Campaign.
Traveller SD2018 - PB66's Traveller game
White Wolf's Vampire RPG (both old and new) and World of Darkness.
- Vampire Summer - Ross (Xarlaxas) MacKenzie's Original World of Darkness game.
Warhammer Fantasy RolePlay (WFRP)
Games set in the Warhammer World of Games Workshop and Fantasy Flight Games.
- The Enemy Within - Bill's WFRP 1e game.
- Kingdom Under Siege - Matt's 2nd Edition game set in the Border Princes.
The ORC Website
- Personal Messaging
- ORC Forum
- Site Maintenance
- ORC Edinburgh's History
- FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions about ORC.
Articles created by ORC members that may be of use to starting GMs.
- The world is not enough - how to create a decent setting.
- How to GM without going insane - how to prepare and run games.
- RPGing on a budget - how to run an RPG if your finances are tight!
- Building a city - building a fantasy city.
- PC groups - how a group of PCs might get together.
- Joining the Dark Side - how to play bad guys.
- Narrative Games - how to make your games run smoothly.
- GM Burnout - what GM burnout is.
- The Art of Winging It - how to improvise.