<keywords content="ashes of freedom pcs, ashes of freedom factions, politics in Volkrania, mandragora opponents, blackclaw goblins, the remnant mandragora, cult of the dragon, house xeduus, shadow government, the dark seed, shadar-kai" /> Consisting of the various Volkranian heroes and others.
3.6 Edition PCs
- Chewey, Dwarf Ranger 5 (Chris B).
- Clement Bloodstone, Dwarf Sorceror 3 (Celyn).
- Daemon, Elf Scout 5 (John B).
- Daghild Hilda Ungart, Dwarf Rogue 5 (Chris F).
- Damien Kross, Human Wizard 5 (Nuno M).
- Fucius Noran, Human Duskblade 5 (Uin R).
- Gorny, Half Orc Fighter 3 (Spyros).
- Issaria Snowleaf, Half Elf Cleric 5 (David J).
- Mike Smithson, Half Orc Fighter 5 (Pieter B).
- Orlando, Half Elf Ranger 3 (John).
- Sardurii, Human Fighter 3 (Bill S).
- Tonrar, Human Fighter 4 (Adam).
- Xantha Lukka, Human Cleric of Melora 5 (Lycia).
4th Edition PCs
- Ceal, Half-Elf Warlock 3 (Yarek).
- Halek Arenstone, Dwarf Ranger 3 (Doug).
- Karden, Human Cleric of the Raven Queen 3 (Andrew).
- Larissa "Magpie", Human Rogue 2 (Lycia).
- Lysander Meravanchi, Human Wizard 3 (Chris F).
- Nathaniel Dirkson, Human Rogue 3 (Ross McK).
- Sylvester Tea, Human Cleric of Pelor 3 (Ioan).
- X'al, Half-Elf Ranger 3 (Kevin McH).
- Advar ko Shalis. A mysterious Shadar-kai individual (and ally?) encountered in Hammerfall Pass.
- Aeron Inafel. A long-time friend of Kratishold PCs. To be married to Ehlora ko Tarin.
- Akran, a Dwarven Gut-buster from Koshrak's View. A Dwarf of dubious personal hygiene with a death-wish.
- Alexandrou ko Danshar. Primarch of the Temple of the Raven Queen in Tagraad.
- Atol Iphar. A bodyguard to Sharn Ephahi.
- Azorg. A Goblin Chieftain of the Blood Claw tribe, killed near Taldan by BlackClaw Goblins.
- Dexter. A Human wizard from Shimmerbridge specialising in illusions, killed by Sarthis.
- Ethan Quarry. The tough and uncompromising Sheriff of Hammerfall Pass's town watch, the Custodians.
- Ehlora ko Tarin. The fiance of Aeron Inafel from Kratishold.
- Elgar. A local businessman of ill-repute in Taldan.
- Gavaad Ragaan. Paladin brother of Kaavid Ragaan, last seen heading toward Shimmerbridge.
- Idriss kal Doran, Dwarven Master-of-Arms for Baron Johan Kratys in Kratishold.
- Illuminati Jeron. Head of Temple of Pelor in Tagraad.
- Johan Kratys, Baron. Young ruler of Kratishold.
- Jucos Versted. Mayor of Kratishold.
- Kaavid Ragaan. A mysterious individual and a crime lord, responsible for smuggling weapons to goblins. believed by some to be The Master.
- Kalaan Phaeriz. Human informer for the Temple of Pelor. Missing in Taldan.
- Mazarov Brothers, The. Linked to Kaavid Ragaan - deceased human thugs.
- Master, The. The Master - a mysterious human (?) who appears to be heavily involved in the Shadow Government, but is following another agenda.
- Nitari Valshar. A Necromancer, responsible for Undead attacks and murders in Hammerfall Pass and Shimmerbridge.
- Norrin Damor (Father). The Cleric of Pelor living in Kratishold.
- Osric Inafel. Father to Aeron Inafel and is a retired guard who make a living as a spice merchant between Kratishold, Koshrak's View, Summervale, and Hammerfall Pass. He is something of a lush and a blowhard.
- Pyrrhus. A Great Wyrm Red Dragon, known for treasuring art over gold.
- Sarthis. A deadly Black Mandragora assassin, one of the Dark Seed.
- Sharn Ephahi. A human(?) wizard from the South living in Kratishold, or so he claimed. Actually Hapalsharuss, a Green Mandragora Wizard and spy. he later became Ambassador for the Empire to Volkraad.
- Taron ko Braenaon. An irascible, gruff and tough individual. A senior cleric of Pelor in Volkraad.
- Toghan Irmus. Former adventurer and Kratishold's blacksmith.
- Wilberforce. A Halfling from Shimmerbridge. A belligerent, yet keen investigator in the town Watch.
Organisations and factions
- BlackClaw Goblins. Goblinoid allies with the Mandragora.
- Cult of the Dragon. A front to recruit human followers to the Mandragora cause, now believed to be wiped out.
- The Dark Seed. Deadly assassins from the Black Mandragora.
- The Gith of Limbo who appear to have some interest in Volkrania.
- House Xeduus. A Mandragora Noble House, the driving force behind the invasion of Volkrania and the Purge of Fire.
- The Shadar-kai. A race of beings from the Shadowfell, who appear to be opposed to the Dark Seed and the Mandragora.
- The Shadow Government. A loose confederation of Thieves Guilds.
- The Remnant - Mandragora who refused to leave after the Purge of Fire and Accords of Volkraad, and remain extremely antagonistic.